Waging war in the urban jungle

Friday, July 29, 2011

Back to what?!

It's coming.....it's practically here....totally right around the corner....

Back To School!

It's certainly no shock, Target has had the school supplies aisle stocked since July 5th.  In fact, we knew it would come as soon as school ended but still, I'm feeling a little off.  You see, we haven't had much of a Summer-again-here in the Portland metro area.  It's been cool, chilly, rainy even and some mornings have felt more like October than July.  To be honest I feel a bit cheated.  We had great plans for dining al fresco, we had high hopes for late night bottles of wine on the back deck, instead I've had to stop myself from flipping on my gas fireplace. 

I've spent the past couple days with the fact that Monday is August 1st rattling around in my head.  And if July is any indication August will pass in the proverbial blink of an eye and I will find myself in 30 short days muttering September 1st...September 1st?!  How did that happen??? 

I spent today perusing lunch box systems on Amazon.  I really like that laptop lunchbox set up and I'm thinking pretty serious about plunking down the cash for the blue box & bag combo pack.  Paulo's lunchbox from last year got pretty beat up, it's still usable, but really I think I'm just looking for an excuse to buy a new one. 

I have a box of back to school clothes to unpack and sort through this weekend too.  I couldn't pass up the super sales plus 30% off on Kohls a couple weeks ago so I stocked up on jeans (temporarily without holes in the knees) and long sleeved shirts.  I even got a new hoodie sweatshirt for him, he loves hoodies.  We need to sort through last year's cool weather clothes-some of which have had ample "Summer" use-and set aside the things he's outgrown-of which I am sure there will be many, that boy is growing too fast!

To be honest, I love back to school time, and fortunately so does Paulo.  He loves school, he was sad when school ended.  While I might feel a little stunned that September is literally around the corner I am also very excited.  I'm excited to get back to work with his school.  I'm excited to get Paulo into his new soccer team and go to practice and have weekend games.  I'm excited to see what new experiences await him in 2nd grade and I'm excited for the return of Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks.  Fall is my favorite season for so many reasons but one of the biggest reasons is Back To School.


No comments:

Post a Comment