Waging war in the urban jungle

Friday, February 25, 2011

When it rains....

This week has really put me through the ringer. 

Paulo's school auction is tomorrow, so we've had a lot of last minute meetings and tons of work still to be done.  I'm trying to print the bid sheets for the silent auction.  My equipment is not cooperating.  First my laser printer toner is running low.  I KNOW I bought another cartridge a few months ago and it has disappeared.  But darn it I know I bought it!!  Naturally the possibilities exists that I did not in fact purchase said cartridge, that I only meant to, that I already used it and that I'm losing my mind.  So, I moved on to my other ink printer, and 1/2 way through a sheet, the black ink ran out....seriously, the Gods are against me!

On Tuesday Paulo woke up sick, fever, sore throat, garden variety symptoms.  He hasn't been able to shake the fever since.  Last night I went to my Mother in law's to pick him up after work and found him sobbing, curled up in the fetal position holding his right side-his fever was up near 103.  I kick into Mommy panic mode, scoop him up, put him in the car and drive straight to the ER.  My fear being appendicitis.  A couple doses of zofran for the stomach and tylenol for the fever and four hours of observation later we're sent home.  I'm reminded of why I refuse to get ill or injured, I really don't like hospitals.  The doctor didn't want to scan him needlessly-which I appreciate-and decided that it was viral.  She told me that there is a virus going around in our neck of the woods with those symptoms, high fever and severe abdominal pain.  We got home close to 10:00 and had a late, light, dinner and crashed.

So, add the stress of the auction, the stress of end of the month business wrapping up/expenses and my Momma fears with a sick baby and what do you get?  A woman that is one step away from crouching in the corner, rocking back and forth and crying...sometimes loudly....seriously I'm one more snafu away from a full blown melt down-which I do not have time for.  I just need to get through the next 36 hours or so, I need the auction to go smoothly, I need people to come and have fun and buy the wonderful things we've worked so hard to get donated and I need my son to get well, I just need to get to Sunday in one piece physically and emotionally.  Light a candle, say a prayer, burn some incense, whatever it is that you do, do it for me so I can survive the next 36 hours.

3 comments:

  1. Good juju your way. Positive thoughts and energy to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I had no idea! Ugh! Good sunny positive vibes for you for today and all weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that good juju and positive vibes worked, the auction was a huge success and mr. P is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete