Waging war in the urban jungle

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Buh Buh Buh Bubbling

Stress that is. It's bubbling up inside me. I can feel it. Percolating. Bubbling up in my gut. Creeping up my throat until I almost choke on it. Until I have to swallow it back down before I start to scream.

I need to take a break. I need to slow down the pace. I need to regroup.

I know what I need to do, why is it so hard to do what I know I must do to reclaim my good health and state of mind? It's the mind really that I'm worried about. Why do I struggle so much with balance and moderation? I know I'm a work in progress, we all are, but man I wish this one was easier for me. I'm such an all or nothing person. My pendulum swings wildly from one extreme to the other. I need to refocus. I need to take a breath, a break, a time out.

1 comment:

  1. Breathe,friend. Work out, call a friend, take a bath, take a walk,drink a glass of wine. this will pass. Love you!

    ReplyDelete