Waging war in the urban jungle

Friday, May 14, 2010

Happiness is....

Waking up to blue sky and sunshine! We're finally getting a taste of Spring weather here in the Northwest. We've been hammered by seemingly nonstop rain for months so these few days of sunshine are so appreciated, and really needed. I was able to take Paulo outside after dinner and he ran around playing with the neighborhood boys-playing a game called Get Wet, not a good game when it's cold and yucky out!-but he ran and laughed and played while I potted a few flowers I'd bought recently and then sat down on the front steps to read a magazine. It was lovely.

Happiness is also a new blender. Yes, I said a blender. My Father delivered my belated Mother's Day present to me last night. He bought me a Vita Mix!!! I've never been so happy to see a small appliance offered as a gift before! I've wanted a turbo blender since I started making green smoothies everyday. I knew my old cheapie model wasn't going to keep up nor was it making things as smooth as I knew they could be. My Dad's had a Vita Mix for ages and we chat often about food and nutrition and raw food diets in particular. He knew I really wanted a turbo blender so he surprised me with it. Now, normally my Daddy doesn't buy presents. He gives cash-which lets face it, we all appreciate. But on Mother's Day when we got together for Brunch he told me my gift was delayed and I'd have to wait a few days. I honestly don't remember the last time he gave a gift instead of cash, but it was well before my Mother died. When we were young my Mom would do all the gift shopping. As we got older and harder to shop for they converted to cash in the card for birthdays, Christmas, anniversaries, etc. So that's what I'm used to, cash in the card. This gift though...well I'm very grateful. It would have taken me quite a while to save up for a turbo blender.

Happiness is also an I-Tunes gift card. Dimitri came home last night, he'd been at his Mom's the week before, and he gave me a little envelope that said Happy Mother's Day. He said he wanted to give it to me in person instead of giving it to his Grandma to give to me on Mother's Day. Inside was an I-Tunes gift card. So sweet! I wanted new music but just couldn't justify the expense right now. No one ever gives me I-Tunes money, although I give it to others frequently.

So, I'm a happy Momma today for many reasons. Today, happiness is new music, a turbo blender and blue sky. What new happiness will tomorrow bring??

No comments:

Post a Comment