Waging war in the urban jungle

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

M I C... See you real soon!

We watched the plan your Disney Vacation DVD yesterday. Paulo sat there on the couch with his mouth hanging open, squealing with delight. He's literally counting down the days-always good to fit in a little math lesson where we can. He's mentally mapping out his plan of attack on the rides. Which to go first, and then where and back to the what ride next....I am so excited to see him experience all the magic of Disney.

He's such a joyful child. I want to watch him run up to Mickey, Minnie, all the Princesses and throw himself in their arms. He's never been afraid of costumed characters. On a trip to Seattle we stopped at the Children's Museum up there, he would not leave Clifford the Big Red Dog alone! He was 2 I think. Couldn't stop pestering Clifford, kept going back for one more hug, one more high five. I finally had to force him to leave the dude alone so other kids could get in there and shake Clifford's paw. He drags Chuck E Cheese over to the air hockey table every time we're there to play a quick game. Fortunately the poor kid inside the costume is agreeable to playing. Man that is not a job I want! To watch him though talk to his favorite Disney Characters though, that will be magical even for me.

He's a very daring child too, so I'm looking forward to seeing him on the rides. He wants to go on the Tower of Terror that drops you straight down! He wants to go on Thunder Mountain Railroad! He wants to go on the roller coaster in California Adventure! He's my dare devil, which sort of freaks out Dimitri. When we took Dimitri at 5 and at 7 he was very cautious. He was afraid of getting hurt. (Dimitri also didn't start riding without training wheels until he was about 8, Paulo-before he started Kindergarten.) They are very different in their risk taking behavior. Dimitri takes more risks now, like trying to convince me he doesn't need his helmet (whatever!) and he does this free running stuff where he's always jumping on walls and over things, but he's not a dare devil by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm very excited though to see the two of them together on vacation. We don't get many family vacations, it's hard when you're self employed to get off for more than a day at a time. Usually Rene or I are always here. So, I'm really looking forward to watching them bond (hopefully!) more while we're away. I think time with just your little family is important and I think those two will benefit from time with just me and their Dad.

M I C...see you real soon! K E Y...why? Because we like you! I'm giddy as a school girl, we're going to Disneyland!!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you...and especially for Paulo! There is nothing like Disneyland, and especially the first time there. It's nothing short of magical.

    ReplyDelete