Waging war in the urban jungle

Monday, February 22, 2010

The flash and the fall

Oh the flash, the hot, hot flash of anger. The flood of adrenaline as my body prepares to fight the Saber Toothed Tiger circling my campsite...except that there is no big kitty nor am I camping. I'm at work. And I'm pissed off.

To be fair my anger started yesterday. I'm irritated with a certain adult males immature response to a certain immature males decision making process. Plus this morning my Monday-although back to my cherished routine, did not go smooth. So I'm already edgy when I pull into the office.

Then my credit card processing company decides to jerk me around and hold on to my money while they "review the parameters" of my new account. 23K...they're holding onto 23K?! I have a freaking business to run.

I did thoroughly rip into the woman that claimed she requested the additional documents necessary to release our funds-she did not. That's what really pisses me off. She claims to have left a voice mail requesting the documents. She did not. And she won't admit it. I asked her then why my not getting them back to her didn't throw up any red flags, why didn't she follow up? Why did she drop the ball? Did she really think I'm going to ignore a voice mail that completely and utterly disables my ability to effectively run my own freaking business??!! I'm still angry. I have bills to pay people! I have a business to run! I also ripped into her supervisor. My sales rep is next, I'll save him for another day. But the fall is here, I hate the fall.

I'm drained now. Completely and utterly drained of energy. This has sucked me dry. I'm still so freaking angry that she won't admit she dropped the ball and take responsibility. There is zero chance she left the voice mail that she claims to have left. Only Rene and I check voice mail. Is there a chance she misdialed? Absolutely. Will she admit that? Nope. Is there a chance she never made the call? Definitely. She certainly will never admit that. I have to let it go. I know that. There's nothing more I can do. Except try to recharge my emotional battery, refill the old emotional gas tank, whatever that takes. Which right now feels like it will take sleep. Lots and lots of sleep....and a little dark chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment