Waging war in the urban jungle

Monday, February 8, 2010

It's calling

The candy bowl is calling my name....shhhh candy, don't speak!

I read today that you should allow yourself a daily serving of whatever food it is you crave. An ounce of chips, 35 jelly beans (seriously, who counts their jelly beans?) an ounce of chocolate, you know, reasonable portions of sweets or goodies. My logical side understands that but my impulsive side says phooey, why stop at one ounce?! Bring on the Costco sized bag of gummy bears!

So for now, since I'm still a work in progress on the art of balance, I will say shhhh candy.....shhhhh!

Instead I will have a cup of green tea.

2 comments:

  1. I find it impossible to have a small serving of something if I'm craving it. Who the heck wants to count M&Ms, or jelly beans, etc? Go for it, babe...you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep a bar of good dark chocolate at home for a treat. The problem with the candy bowl at work is that it is FULL and it's full of things like skittles, smarties, jolly ranchers, etc. and that's my stress food trigger. When I'm stressed, tired, angry, I want sugar, pure sugar. Then I eat way too much and the blood sugar goes whacky and then I get really, really cranky. I mean, super, extra cranky! Rene's lucky, he doesn't have a sweet tooth and he does not stress eat...which frankly annoys me on both accounts!

    ReplyDelete