Waging war in the urban jungle

Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Bunny is coming, ready or not!

Easter is Sunday...seriously?! This Sunday!? Ugh I am so not prepared this year!

The baskets are still in storage in the garage.

The eggs are still white.

I just a few minutes ago got back from buying a few pieces of candy and some trinkets for Paulo. Dimitri, being a jaded teen, will receive some Itunes money-plus candy, you never outgrow candy!

But, I am not prepared for this holiday at all.

Normally by this time I've had a gang of Paulo's buddies over to dye eggs. I've at least put out a couple of Spring/Bunny decorations. The shopping is complete. This year though it's like March sneaked away leaving me shocked to find that it is April 1st and that Easter is only 3 days away.

This seems to be a common experience though. My sister, some of my girlfriends, all of us were caught with our baskets down. Looking back over the first quarter of the year though it's not hard to see why I've been caught unprepared. We've been far too busy and far too sick. If it wasn't an ear infection it was a sinus infection. If it wasn't a sinus infection it was Rene's two week throat fiasco. If we all managed to be healthy, by some miracle, then we were out too much on the weekends. Not nearly enough down time this year.

This month is not shaping up any better though. Paulo's got a birthday party this weekend. We have Easter brunch at my brother and sister in law's-looking forward to that! We have hair cuts and lunch dates and dinner plans...oh my...plus Paulo's birthday party(s). Yikes! I'm looking forward to May already!! Wait, May won't be much different than April....Calgon take me away!

No comments:

Post a Comment