Waging war in the urban jungle

Monday, April 5, 2010

My new challenge

Finding pants for my teenage son. Now, shopping for pants should not be a challenge but it is. Why you ask? Because Dimitri is a bean pole. He's 6' tall but has a 29" waist. So he needs 29x34 pants. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find pants for a tall SKINNY boy?! To find a 34 length the waist is 32 or 34 itself. He'd swim in them. To find the 29 waist means the length is 30, he doesn't need capris! If I need to find pants for my "husky" son no problem, those we have in stores in abundance but because my kid is thin I have to special order them online. I did find some at Gap online, I'm going to call the store first to make sure they are on the shelves. I also found some online at Macy's and Nordstrom, but again, are they on the shelves? Don't know yet.

The reason I started searching is that he needs khakis for Golf tournaments. I brought home three pairs of khakis on Saturday, all three have to go back, they were 29x32. I was hoping by some miracle that they would work, but I got shot down. So, back to the drawing board, and the mall-which I hate. I despise the mall. The crowds, the noise, the cluttered displays, all of it gives me a headache. But since I won't have my boy walking the Golf course in high waters I'm not left with many other choices. In the meantime, I'll keep feeding him in the hopes that he can gain a tiny bit around that skinny waist of his!

No comments:

Post a Comment