Waging war in the urban jungle

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Lifting the fog

24 hours can make a difference.  I noticed on my drive home last night that my face was...lighter.  It's difficult to explain but when I'm in meltdown mode my face feels flat, emotionless, blank, heavy.  My smile does not reach my eyes.  When it lifts those symptoms lift too.  It's lifting. 

We actually had a nice evening last night.  I made a quick and easy fish taco dinner.  Quick clean up.  Then took Paulo up to the school to practice his moves.

He starts up with soccer for real soon.  So far he's only had his Jamboree.  Which was really fun for him but we could see he needs to work on his stamina.  He's a go all out kind of kid so he gets winded really easily. 

So last night Rene took him and put him through a few drills.  It was cute.  Paulo was a sweaty, tired mess by the end of it.  They practiced trapping and passing.  The practiced maneuvering around the cones.  Then they practiced getting past the defender to try to shoot on the goal.  It was the first time Rene has really taken him out to the field and tried to teach him.  They've kicked the ball around plenty but no instruction.  Paulo had fun, especially when he tried being the defender and Rene had to try to get around him to score!  He seemed to treat this as if Rene needed to practice his skills too, so really he was doing Dad a favor by going out to the field with him!





1 comment: