Waging war in the urban jungle

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Meltdown

Ever have one of those days where life just seems, well, impossible?  When something so small, so insignificant, just sends you right over the cliff?  Where the idea that we can have it all, do it all, and be whatever we want to be just feels so ridiculous? 

Yeah, me too, yesterday.  It sucked.  I'm kind of, sort of, climbing back up from the abyss thanks to extra snuggle time and an extra vigorous work out this morning.  But it's still sucking, just less than yesterday.  I'm still struggling with how to get everything done that I feel needs to be done and still carve out a little time everyday for me.  To do that today I got up at 5:45 AM, ouch. 

You know what really stung?  We were watching Wipe Out last night, as we always do on Tuesday night, and a commercial came on for an antidepressant.  My six year old asked me if I needed that.  Big ouch.  Yesterday perhaps I did, today I don't.  That's why I quit taking them, the dark days are few and far between, so why did I want to take something every single day if I didn't need the help every single day?  I didn't.  So I quit, cold turkey-yeah that was rough-and tried upping my work out intensity.  Most of the time that, and my supplements that I take from my naturapath, are enough.  But yesterday? Yesterday sucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment