Waging war in the urban jungle

Saturday, August 14, 2010

The official start of Fall

SOCCER!!  We're a soccer family, by "we" I mean my husband.  He's the soccer player.  Me?  I'm along for the ride and to make sure my players have enough water.

Today was the start of Fall 2010 soccer for Paulo.















It got off to a great start, he scored a goal.  And ran back to the other side of the field to his team mates screaming VICTORY!!!  As you can see, he's a very shy and reserved child....snort.


I really love this picture!  I have a very similar shot of his father from his high school glory days hanging in Dimitri's room.  It was snapped mid stride of a track meet and you can see the focus and determination on his face, that and his really long hair flying behind him.  I see that focus and determination here, in our son.  I think that will take him far in life.


He was really hot and really tired after the jamboree.  We've had a lousy summer, weather wise, it's been downright cold!  My poor tomato plant may never give me ripe, red, tomatoes.  Today was over 100, fortunately the jamboree started at 9 am so it wasn't too bad but still, it was over 80, and he was running almost nonstop for over an hour.  You know what that means?  Oh yeah, he'll be sleeping good tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Go Paulo! He's going to be a such an athlete--well, he already is!

    ReplyDelete