Waging war in the urban jungle

Friday, March 12, 2010

Day two

The headache is gone! Woo hoo!! The last time I quit caffeine the headache was much more severe and lasted longer. I can only assume that this time was easier because of all the other good stuff I'm doing for my body.

My frustration level is vastly improved too. I find that the small things that have previously set me off are not. When I do get frustrated with life's challenges I'm able to move past it quicker. It's only been a few days but still I see an improvement. Could it be the placebo effect? Sure. Do I care? Nope, I'm just enjoying it!

All in all life is good in detoxville. I'm proud of myself for facing this challenge. I think that's a huge part of my peace right not. I set this goal for myself and I'm facing it. I'm achieving it. I'm not relying on anyone else to get me where I want to go, I'm doing it myself. It's empowering. Do I miss having a glass of wine with my hubby? Yes, to be honest I do. BUT, I set a challenge for myself and I will achieve it. I've dangled a carrot out too. If I make it the full two weeks then I will treat myself to a new outfit. Might even buy a dress, with sleeves, it has to have sleeves or I can't wear it at work, too chilly in the office, or at least a sweater that matches. In the meantime I will keep fighting the good fight and thoroughly enjoying my sense of health and well being.

No comments:

Post a Comment