Waging war in the urban jungle

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Testing day

Paulo has his appointment today at 2:00 for allergy skin testing. He's nervous. It's the fear of the unknown. I'm hopeful we can find out what's causing his sneezes and make sure we're treating him the right way. He's been off allergy meds for a week, and has been sneezing like crazy! His eczema flared up too on his hands and the back of his knees. Having never gone through allergy testing before I'm not entirely sure what to expect but I keep telling him it'll be ok, that it's not like a shot or a blood draw. Trying to explain that I *think* it's close to acupuncture than anything else. When I explained to him what acupuncture was he looked at me like I'm nuts and declared that he will never, ever have that done! Didn't matter how many times I told him how relaxing it really was, he's not buying what I'm selling.

In detoxville things are still going well. I'm really proud of myself for sticking to this and I feel good. I'd hoped to be able to escape my PMS entirely...alas I was not. But I do think it's better than last month, so this encourages me. The PMS headaches are subsiding. My face did not break out *knocking on wood*. I'm not puffy. I still feel frustrated today but I feel like I move through and past it quicker, which is really encouraging. I tend to be a dweller, I stew, I sit and percolate with my negativity. No one benefits when I turn myself into an emotional coffee pot. Unfortunately due to illnesses beyond my control I've not been in the gym as much as I wanted to be during this process. But I have another week to go so hopefully I can kick up the work outs a notch and bring myself to a new mental level.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I hate accupucture. It is not for everyone and even if I were 5 and they told me I'd try it at 29, I'd tell them "I'll still hate it", cuz I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you run? Is it possible to bang out a mile or so run in your neighborhood? Pop on your iPod and run for 20 minutes...might be better than nothing. If it helps keep you centered then you need to get that in the rotation no matter what.

    ReplyDelete