Waging war in the urban jungle

Friday, July 30, 2010

The house

I want to be "the house".

The house where my sons, and their friends, feel welcome, safe, loved.  The house where they hang out.  Even at 6 Paulo has his "posse".  He has the boy next door (literally!). He has the boy across the street and he has two girlies next store.  Those are his go to peeps.  I love it!  I encourage it.  I am so happy he has friends.  I am not sure what I'd do if he were as lonely as I was as a child.  I'm so grateful he doesn't have to be. 

Right now I'm listening to Paulo, one of the girls and the boy across the street play Mario on the WII.  I'm so, so happy he has friends.  I'm not enough for him, I'm his mother, I'm not his buddy.  There's such a difference! 

Dimitri has his BFF just up the street and around the corner.  Those two, peas in a pod.  I'm always happy to have him come over, spend the night, join in family/work parties, he's a great kid-and Paulo adores him. 

It's just one more reason I'm grateful for the home we chose.  It's not perfect, the school morning commute kills me, but my boys have great friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment