Waging war in the urban jungle

Thursday, July 22, 2010

What happened to the music?

Paulo's been sleeping late this week.  He has track camp from 6:30-8:30 every night so we don't get home until 9 and then he's not in bed until 10 ish.  That's really late for a little guy!

This morning at close to 9 am he was still snoozing.  I opened his door a crack to peek at him and I could see him stirring around.  So I decided to snuggle him awake.  I crawled in bed beside him and he sort of half raises up on his stomach and starts shaking his head and rubbing near his face.  Not on his face mind you, just in the air next to it.  Then the face changes, his eyes scrunch, his mouth scrunches and the hand?  The hand makes the rock on sign.  I watch, giggling quietly as my son starts to jam out.  Then after a few seconds he flops down and snuggles up to me.  That's when he wakes up.  His head pops up and he looks around, out to the room, back to me, a couple of times and then he says, "what happened to the music?"  Uh, there was no music, what song were you hearing?  "Boom boom pow" and at that we both dissolve into giggles.  He loves the Black Eyed Peas so much he dances to their music in his dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment