Waging war in the urban jungle

Friday, July 23, 2010

Sickening smack

It was the loudest smack I've heard.  It was the sound of my child's head hitting the ground.  It was, thankfully, a dream.  But a dream vivid enough to wake me from a dead sleep at 5:30 this morning.

In it, Paulo had won the battle, I had bought him heelies.  We were in a store, Costco perhaps, and he was wheeling his way behind me.  Ironically a grown woman in front of me was also wheeling herself around the store.  (Side note, I really hate those shoes!)  I turned to look at him just in time to watch him topple backwards.  His head hit the ground with a very loud, sickening, smack.  I gasped, both in my dream and as I woke up.  It was terrible.

I've had some very vivid dreams this week.  Some of them quite disturbing.  This one was awful.  I'd like to dream about kittens and flowers tonight.....

No comments:

Post a Comment