Waging war in the urban jungle

Friday, July 23, 2010

The mind of a sleeping child

Paulo has had very vivid dreams himself the past two nights.  In the wee hours of Thursday morning I was woken by a 60 pound weight laying across my chest.  I stumbled him back to his room and crawled in bed with him.  He seemed upset, he needed some extra snuggles.  Thursday morning as he brushed his teeth his dream came flooding back to him.  He had woken from a bad dream that morning, a dream of our friend, Marjie, having an accident and needing a wheel chair.  Then she had to put something on one of her legs and ended up getting electrocuted.  Uh yeah, that is a bad dream, honey.  I reassured him that Marjie was fine, it was just a dream. 

Last night he blissfully slept through the night.  I however was the one awake early from my own bad dreams.  I woke him up at 8:30 this morning so we could go out for one last good old fashioned American breakfast and asked him if he heard any music today.  No, he says, no music but he needed a lot of helpers.  He tells me that someone he knew lost all the "tubes" for their blood and he needed helpers to put them back in, and that there was a lot of blood. 

Makes me wonder where his mind will take him tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment